Sunday, November 13, 2011

Who dat?! NEW ORLEANS!

Now starts the fun!  We headed to NEW ORLEANS!!! The original plan was to spend the night there but like they say, "If ya wanna make God laugh, make plans."  Time just wasn't on our side, but being that we're moving out of the country for a couple years we definitely wanted to check out NOLA (New Orleans, Louisiana).  So we took the dogs on a walk past the River Front to tire them out, put them back in the car and hit the streets of the French Quarter to see the sights and grab some grub!

First and foremost, I, Krysta, pride myself in growing up so close to South Street in Philadelphia, where at any hour of the day you can see some crazy ish and even crazier people.  That being said, I think New Orleans and Bourbon Street in particular puts South Street to shame.  Not only were we there no earlier than 3pm, but people we're already drunk on the streets, attempting to "earn" beads, and we saw in less than 30 minutes 2 separate parades.  There were people dancing and singing on the streets, which God willing you will see in a video below because it's awesome.

We really didn't have the time (or hygiene... I brushed my teeth in the bathroom of the restaurant we stopped for lunch in... yea I know,) to go into a nice place or really find the best of the best food in NOLA.  However, we figured some good seafood and a po boy was a good way to start and so we did... Abasi's crawfish stew was good, my po boy was mediocre... but it gave us time to investigate something even more relevant to New Orleans... BOOZE!

After eating, we headed towards O'Briens, which is supposed to have one of the BEST HURRICANES in New Orleans.  It was ok, not amazing, maybe it was that I'm pretty sure they pre-mix it OR... and I'm leaning towards this... working at Margaritaville, and bartending for most of it, has ruined the Hurricane for me... darn you JB.

All in all, New Orleans is still a pretty cool city that I definitely want to check out sometime again in the future... NOTE TO EVERYONE THOUGH, DON'T LOSE YOUR PARKING LOT TICKETS!!!  We did and what should have cost $7, cost us $40... they really know how to get ya!

Check out all our pictures and videos of NOLA!!!













I will try to get the video uploaded later... technical problems, bah ham bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment